Many Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers (NVOCCs) find the process to get a license from the U.S. Federal Maritime Commission a complex and time-consuming task.
Worry no more because Atlantic Pacific Tariffs Inc. (AP Tariffs) will help make your licensing experience much easier!
Here are 7 simple steps to obtain an NVOCC license:
1. Have a valid business license for your company.
2. Obtain a bond or other form of financial responsibility as proof of their ability to pay for any damages that may occur during the shipment of goods.
3. Register with the FMC by submitting an application and paying a fee.
4. Submit evidence of financial responsibility
5. Designate an agent for service of process who can accept legal documents on the company's behalf. 6. Obtain additional licenses and certifications based on the types of services offered. 7. Maintain compliance -- (very important!) Did you know that not knowing and willful violation of the Shipping act can get you fined at most $14,149 per occurrence?
Becoming a licensed NVOCC requires a significant investment of time and resources, but it is necessary in order to operate legally and effectively in the industry.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you obtain your license now!
Set a 15-minute Zoom-based consultation with our FMC compliance experts here.